Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Weekend George


In true Thanksgiving week fashion, I'll disclose that one of the things I'm most grateful for year-round is Weekend George.

Don't get me wrong, I am occasionally quite bored at home during the days. It's true. But I try to stay busy, even if I have to invent the work. I write proposals and write actual things I get paid for and design some things and clean a little and do a home project and research new work projects and work on projects for real clients and let the dogs out and try to exercise and grocery shop and then make dinners.

Staying busy during the week keeps the weekends sacred for both of us. Usually, we'll catch up on the DVR a little, make a big breakfast to eat while we read the paper, and then tackle the yard work or a major home project together. But occasionally, just often enough, Weekend George makes an appearance.

Weekend George is my favorite because he'll watch, say, four episodes of Life in a row without getting up. He doesn't feel badly about staying on the couch for the whole day when I really want to and then going for a long walk at dusk. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it seems that Weekend George always arrives just when I need him. Like my favorite kind of lazy superhero.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Oh my god, that is the best photo. Weekends don't get much better than that.

Hope you're having fun in Breckenridge!