Happy 2009, everyone!
To celebrate the unseasonably warm weather
So, after careful consideration, I present the (tidier, shorter and less sarcastic) public version of my wish list. Ahem.
- Bake professionally again.
- Run 350 miles.
- Learn to speak basic Spanish for reals.
- Find a paid writing assignment!
- Join a group — knitting, reading, whatever. I need local friends too.
- Sew something wearable.
- Read 60 books this year
- Visit friends. (Top of the list is Jenney and Paul, who I've promised to visit for the past, oh, five years. I'm thinking an elaborate Minnesota-Wisconsin tour by car.)
- Start a community walking group.
- Give handmade (or found) gifts all year.
I'm excited about 2009, both my plans for it and whatever it unfolds itself to be. New year, new president, new secret superpowers, — wait. Okay, just the first two for now, but I aim high.